BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Hong Kong Kim Gary Restaurant and Restoran Korea Jing Fu Gong



Last Wednesday, I went to Kim Gary Restaurant with my friends for lunch. It was 11.00am and their lunch hour had just started. So, my friends and I get to choose the lunch set from their lunch set menu. We had a hard time choosing what we wanted to eat because there were so many choices. After  10 minutes or so, I finally decided which lunch set I want.
             
                This is the Lunch Set D - Steak in Black Pepper Sauce of Hong Kong Kim Gary Restaurant located in Sunway Pyramid. It comes with Borsch or cream soup and coffee, tea or  fruit milk for additional RM1. We can choose to eat rice or spaghetti with it. I chose to eat it with spaghetti , cream soup and fruit milk, which means I had to pay additional RM1 for it. Therefore the total price of this lunch set is RM13.90.
                Okay. Now I'll talk about the taste of it. The cream soup is nice while it's hot. It actually has a creamy taste that I like. The fruit milk is nice too. It's in mango flavor, which happens to be my favorite fruit. I guess I was lucky. As for the spaghetti, it looked nice but doesn't really taste well. The black pepper was too much and the sauce was not absorbed into the spaghetti.  It was so spicy that I actually felt burn on my lips and I cannot even finish it. I had to sip a mouthful of my fruit milk for every bite of the spaghetti because of the black pepper sauce. But the steak was actually not bad, if you get rid of half of the black pepper sauce on it. So overall it's not that bad if you're having the soup and the fruit milk together with the steak set.
Hong Kong Kim Gary Restaurant
OB2-G-U3, Ground Floor, Oasis Boulevard 2,
Sunway Pyramid Shopping Centre,
No 3, Jalan PJS 11/15, Bandar Sunway
46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

     

This is the restaurant that I loved the most. It's called Restoran Korea Jing Fu Gong. It's a Korean Restaurant located in Nilai, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia. It serves food like Beef & Mixed Vegetable Rice (Bibimbap), Spicy Ramen Noodles (Shin Ramyun), Korean Style Sushi Roll (Kimbap), Spicy Rice Cake With Vegetables (Dubbokki) and much more.

 

Spicy Rice Cake With Vegetables (Dubbokki)

 

Beef & Mixed Vegetable Rice (Bibimbap)

Family Set

 

Every time I go there, my mother would order for the family set which is more than enough for the five of us. It comes with side dishes such as fermented cabbage (kimchi) and beefs. You can actually refill the kimchi if you want more.  I eat the food with rice. Usually I'll wrap up the side dishes up with a piece of  Vegetable Leaf Wrap(Ssam)  and eat it bit by bit. It was so good that you would want to go for another one immediately after  you finished one 'pack' of the vegetable leaf wrap. There was a Spicy Korean Soft Tofu Stew (Soondubuchigae) that was really nice too. It has a delicious combination of pork, kimchi and miso noodles with soft tofu in the spicy soup. It tastes good and a bit spicy but I can accept the spiciness of it. Dubbokki is also one of the famous dish in Korea.  It is made from garaetuk, a chewy long cylindrical rice pasta (or "rice cake") that is cut into many pieces and cooked with various ingredients. It does have the chewy feeling like chewing gums except that you can swallow it.  After you finished the meal, fruits will be served as deserts. The family set costs about RM50.

 

 

 

Lim Zi Xuan

Student ID : 12045605






0 comments: